You may notice that timecards logged by a worker are not showing in Shift Summary on the web portal, while the worker confirms that they have started or already ended their shift.
You need to have an account with the Company Administrator, Super User role, or a custom role with rights to edit devices and users to be able to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
There are several possible root causes of this issue:
- The phone number is registered under the wrong company ID.
This happens when you have several company IDs within StreetSmart (e.g., for different branches) or when you add a new phone number using a new billing address. To confirm if this is the case:
- From the web portal, navigate to Administration > Devices.
- From the Group Filter, select all available groups to make sure you will not miss the phone number.
- Click Save & Close.
- Search for the phone number used by the worker.
- If it is missing on the page, it means that the number was added under another company ID, proceed to the Solution section.
- If the number is present on the page, proceed to check the next possible root cause.
- The worker is assigned to the wrong group, which is excluded from your view when reviewing timesheets. To confirm if this is the case:
- Navigate to Administration > Users.
- From the Group Filter, select all available groups and click Save & Close.
- Search for the required worker - you can enter the worker's name in the Search bar or press Ctrl + F and search by the worker's name or phone number.
- If the worker is found under the wrong group - you have confirmed that this is the root cause, proceed to the Solution section.
- If the worker is found under the correct group, proceed to the next possible root cause.
- The worker's device is activated under another user's account - ask the worker to open the Timesheets menu in the mobile app and check the username linked to the device.
If the name is correct, proceed to the next possible root cause. Otherwise, proceed to the Solution section.
- The worker's device is not communicating with the server. To confirm if this is the case, check the status of the worker.
- If the status of the worker is Logged Off or Update is past due - it confirms that the device cannot connect to the server, proceed to the Solution section.
- If the worker status is Logged in/On Duty and Update is current, check the worker timesheets again - the data should be already loaded and displayed on the web portal.
Please refer to the solution according to the identified root cause:
- The phone number is registered under the wrong company ID:
- Submit a request for our Orders team to move the number under the correct company ID.
- Create an account for the worker under the correct company and share the new PIN number with them to activate the device.
- The worker is assigned to the wrong group - move the worker to the required group.
- The worker's device is activated under another user's account - follow the steps from the article Device Is Tracking Under Wrong User.
- The worker's device is not communicating with the server - ask the worker to follow the steps described in the article Device Is Not Syncing with the Server to resolve the connectivity issue.
Check the worker timesheets again - all data should be displayed correctly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.