Administrators may need to deactivate a device when reassigning phone number to another worker or when a device is replaced for the same worker (the mobile app needs to be activated again).
You need to have an account with Company Administrator, Super User role, or a custom role with access to deactivate Devices.
- Log in to the Street Smart web portal using your credentials and company ID.
- Navigate to Administration > Devices.
- Click on the device with the number that was reassigned to a new worker or needs to be activated on another device and select Deactivate Device.
- Enable the option to prompt the worker to enter PIN when activating the app to ensure that the number will be activated under the correct user (when reassigning a device to another user). If PIN is not required for activation, StreetSmart will be activated under the last active user for this number.
- Confirm the deactivation.
- If the worker does not know or remember their PIN, check the pin associated with their account and provide it to the worker.
The deactivated device is highlighted with yellow and the Activated Date field becomes blank.
The worker should be able to activate the mobile app using the number assigned to the device.