Field workers may need to provide logs from their mobile devices for our team to investigate issues when the mobile app is not working as designed and the issue cannot be resolved using common troubleshooting steps. This action needs to be performed when requested by our Support team.
- You have installed and activated StreetSmart mobile app on your device.
- You need to have an email application installed on your mobile device (e.g., Gmail).
- This article applies only to Android devices and basic phones. iOS devices do not have this option and logs can be retrieved from the backend by our Engineering team.
- Open the StreetSmart mobile app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Advanced Options button.
- Enter the following code and tap Submit:
Note: If the Advanced Options page is not displayed, reach out to your company administrator or manager - they may have changed the default security code to access advanced options.
- Tap on the Log Options button.
- Tap on the Trace and Debug options to enable them.
- Tap Done.
- Try to reproduce the issue that you are facing (e.g., start/stop the shift, start a trip, create invoice, etc.).
- Once the issue is reproduced, open the Settings menu again.
- Tap on the Advanced Options button and enter the same security code (step 4).
- Tap on the Send Debug Data button.
Email template (which includes logs and the StreetSmart email) is opened in your default mailing app.
- Enter your personal email and send the email.
- Copy the email that you received including the attachment and include in the support ticket.