When you need to create a large number of user accounts, you can upload an XLS or CSV file with all required information about each user and create the accounts in bulk. This option also allows to update existing users.
- You need to have an account with Company Administrator, Super User role, or a custom role with rights to upload users.
- You need to have a spreadsheet program installed (e.g., Excel). Alternatively, you can use Google Sheets.
- Log in to the Street Smart web portal using your credentials and company ID.
- Navigate to Administration > Users.
- Click Upload Users.
- Click Get Template to download the template in CSV and XLS formats.
Alternatively, you can download the templates via the following links:
- Open the template in the desired format and fill in user data. Save the updated file.
Here is the list of all columns (required and optional):
- First and Last Names are required if Preferred Name is not populated.
- Middle Name - Optional
- Preferred Name - Required if First Name/Last Name is not populated.
- Group - Required. Must be one of the existing Groups within a company. "Default" is the standard group name.
- Security Role - Required; can be one of the Default Security Roles which (Super User, Company Administrator, WebService, Mobile Worker or Operations) or a custom security role
- Time Zone - Optional; must be one of the following values:
- PIN - Must be a unique numeric value between 4 and 10 characters. A PIN is automatically generated for the user if the column is left blank.
- User Name - Required; must be unique within the company.
- Password - Required
- Street Address - Optional
- Apt_Suite - Optional
- City - Optional
- State - Optional
- Zip - Optional
- Country - Optional
- Device phone number - Optional; used to automatically link a user to a device.
- Worker Type - Optional, must be a valid worker type code.
- Email Id - Optional
- From the web portal, click Choose File and select the file with the user data (updated in step 5).
Enable the options to update existing records and associate users and devices if required.
- Click Submit.
The number of uploaded records is displayed. Click Close.
Uploaded users are displayed and highlighted with green.
You should be able to log in to the web portal with credentials from the user data file (updated in step 5).
Article is closed for comments.