You may need to add new admin users who will be using the web portal or field workers who will use the mobile app (but also have limited access to features of the web portal).
You need to have an account with Company Administrator, Super User role, or a custom role with rights to create users.
- If you are setting up a new mobile worker account, you need to add StreetSmart service to the phone number used by the worker, or submit a ticket to move the number to the correct company ID (if it is already active under another company).
If you are creating a user with any other role, proceed to the next step.
- Log in to the Street Smart web portal using your credentials and company ID.
- Navigate to Administration > Users.
- Click Create User.
- On the new page, enter the following information for the account:
- First and last name
- Preferred name - a unique name that can be used to display on the worker map.
- Profile picture
- Skills - used to assign jobs to the suitable workers.
- Group - select the group to which the user will be assigned; groups are used to assign jobs, create forms, alerts, and locations that are available for specific groups.
Security Role - select a suitable role for the user; it defines permissions of the user and available features of StreetSmart.
Note: The selected Security Role must have access to the user Group that you selected. Otherwise, the user will not be able to log in to the web portal. For more information about the default and custom roles, refer to the article Creating Security Roles.
- Time Zone
- Language - select English or Spanish
- PIN - it is used to identify mobile worker account when activating the mobile app.
- Username and Web Password - used to log in to the web portal.
- Manager Name - start typing the name and select the user who will be the manager of the user and will receive alerts.
Contact Information - used to identify home location for mobile workers. Click Validate Address to see if the address you entered is automatically linked to a location on the map.
Also, Phone Number is used to link a user to an existing device.
Notification Information - email and phone number used to receive alerts and other notifications; enable the Message option for the user to be able to receive messages in the mobile app.
- Click Save & Close.
The newly created user is displayed on the page. You should be able to log in to the Street Smart web portal using the credentials of the newly created account.